Govt urges early initiation of fertilizer procurement process

Published On: January 23, 2024 12:31 PM NPT By: Republica  | @RepublicaNepal

KATHMANDU, Jan 23: The government has ensured resources of about Rs 15 billion for the purchase of chemical fertilizers for the next fiscal year 2024/25.

Since the process has to be started from the current year to purchase the required fertilizer for the coming year, resources have been ensured for the purchase of 260,000 metric tons of chemical fertilizers.

The Secretary of the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Development, Dr Gobinda Prasad Sharma said, "The process of purchasing chemical fertilizers for the coming year will now begin. Resources have been ensured to proceed with the process of purchasing fertilizers."

Given the approximately six-month timeframe required for the procurement and delivery of fertilizers, the government emphasizes the need to commence the purchasing process in the current fiscal year for the upcoming year. A budget of Rs 30 billion has been allocated by the government for the acquisition of chemical fertilizers for the current year, and the procurement process is already underway.

As part of this process, 70 percent of the fertilizers, valued at Rs 30 billion, will be sold by Krishi Samagri Company, with the remaining 30 percent being handled by the Salt Trading Corporation.


Leave A Comment