DAMAULI, Nov 13: The authorities concerned have agreed to pay Rs 1.6 million compensation to the family of Chitra Bahadur Rana, 27, who died due to electric shock.
Rana, a permanent resident of Shuklagandaki Municipality-3, Durungchang, was electrocuted on Thursday. The victim's family refused to take the body saying that the incident happened due to negligence of the Electricity Management Committee. The victim's family had demanded Rs 2.5 million in compensation.
Chitra Bahadur was found unconscious in his room with a mobile phone in his hand. According to locals, his right hand, mobile phone and charger were also burnt. The doctors at the G.P Koirala National Respiratory Treatment Center in Belchautara declared him dead when the family took him for treatment. The committee will provide Rs 100,000 for expenses for the last ritual while remaining 1.5 million will be provided within January 9.
Two other people were also injured in the incident. The medical expenses of the injured will also be borne by the Electricity Management Committee.