Chitwan boasts of zip line

Published On: September 20, 2019 08:53 AM NPT By: Sabita Shrestha

CHITWAN, Sept 20: Aaptari Jaladevi Community Forest has started zip line service for the time in Chitwan district.

The zip line was started as a joint venture between the community forest and private sector, according to Keshav Thapa, chairperson of the community forest users group.

The zip line was inaugurated on Wednesday. According to Thapa, the zip line, which is located near Mugling-Narayanghat Road, has been opened targeting Visit Nepal Year 2020 campaign.

Wild Wonders Pvt Ltd and Limited and Aaptari Jaladevi Community Forest Users Group have invested Rs 7.5 million in the project. While the community forest owns 51% of shares in the joint venture, Wild Wonders hold the remaining 49%.

The zip line has two routes. The first route, which is 192 meters long, has three stations. The organizers have fixed a fee of Rs 500 per person for the first route. They will charge an additional Rs 500 for pictures and videos. Similarly, the second route is 175 meters long. The fee for the second route is Rs 600 and an additional Rs 350 for pictures and videos. According to the organizers, fee for both routes is Rs 900. 

Similarly, the organizers are charging Rs 1,500 for tourists from SAARC countries and Rs 2,000 from tourists from other countries.

According to the organizers, there will be a separate 35-meter zip line for kids. 

The zip line has capacity to serve 300 people in a day, said Thapa. “We have bought insurance cover of Rs 700,000 for all users,” added Thapa.

Thapa added that the new product will help to bring more tourists to the community forest. 

The community forest already has other attractions like children’s park, religious park and picnic spot.

Leave A Comment