4 hours ago
We are a team of professional management and journalists — one of the best in the Nepali media. Our duty toward our readers is to provide them with impartial news, bold views, in-depth analysis and thought-provoking commentary. We shall do this without fear or favor, and we shall be guided by nothing but our conscience.Know More
Latest Article By Author
12 days ago
25 days ago
DIY surgical face mask
With the rapid spread of the Cornavirus we all have experienced that stuffs like surgical face masks or mouth masks and sanitizers have become difficult to come by. However, worry not as you can make your own face mask with simple steps right at your home.
To get started, you’ll need:
- paper towels (at least a few sheets per mask)
- rubber bands (shoelaces or string will also work)
- T-shirt cuttings (if you want a washable and reusable mask)
Steps to make the mask:
- Begin by taking two or three squares of paper towel or T-shirt cutting and layering them on top of each other,
- Before you proceed, be sure that the size of paper or cloth you’re using is large enough to cover your mouth and nose,
- Now begin folding the layers of paper or the cloth into a long, thin rectangle.
- Work with the ends of the mask by applying glue or sewing its corners,
- Now punch the ends to form a tiny hole from where you can attach rubber band or the string
- Firstly, ensure the length of string you’ll require for perfect fit and tie them across the holes,
- The mask is ready to use.
Make sure you use these masks only when its necessary and replace or wash them regularly.
- by Republica