1 month ago
Latest Article By Author
2 months ago
4 months ago
3 easy snacks recipes you can try at home
Photo: Wikimedia Commons
No restaurant dish beats the fresh snacks you make form your kitchen. Check out some mouthwatering snack recipes.
Homemade Cheese Crackers
Photo: Wikimedia Commons
Cheese crackers are extremely easy to make, and you can customize the type of cheese you use to suit your palate.
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
Pinch of cayenne pepper
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
¼ cup cold water or more as needed
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the flour with the salt, cayenne pepper, cheddar and Parmesan to combine. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles a coarse meal, 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add the water and mix until the dough forms a ball around the blade. If the dough looks dry, add more water, 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time.
4. Divide the dough into two pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to ¼ inch thick. Cut into 1-inch squares and transfer to the prepared baking sheets (you can space them close together since they won’t spread as they bake).
5. Using the point of a small knife or the tine of a fork, poke a hole into the center of each cracker. Bake the crackers until golden brown and crisp for 14 to 16 minutes. Cool completely before serving. The finished crackers will keep, stored in an airtight container at room temperature, for up to a week.
Easy Homemade Potato Chips
Broiling very thinly sliced potatoes coated in oil creates a crispy chip that’s even better than its bagged counterparts.
4 russet potatoes, washed and dried
¼ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon coarse salt, or more to taste
1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning (optional)
1. Preheat the broiler on its low setting. (Note: If your broiler isn’t adjustable or is particularly intense, just preheat the oven to 475°F.) Place a roasting rack on a baking sheet.
2. Using a mandolin or a sharp knife, slice the potatoes very thinly. In a large bowl, toss the potato slices with the olive oil, salt and Old Bay seasoning, if using.
3. Arrange the potatoes on the roasting rack (you may have to do a few batches, as the slices should be spread out so they can get crispy). Cook the potatoes until they’re crisp and golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Repeat with the remaining potatoes. Cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to three days.
Mini Yogurt Cheesecakes
Greek yogurt makes up most of the filling for these sweet cuties, so yes, they’re a healthy- snack.
18 graham crackers
Pinch of salt
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 cups plain Greek yogurt
One (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1¼ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Pinch of cinnamon
Pinch of salt
Strawberries as per you wish
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease two muffin tins.
2. TO MAKE THE CRUST: In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the graham crackers until they are finely ground. Transfer to a medium bowl and then wipe out the food processor's bowl.
3. Add the salt to the graham cracker crumbs and stir to combine. Add the melted butter and stir until the crumbs are evenly moistened. Scoop 2 tablespoons of crumbs into a muffin cup and press to form an even layer in the base. Repeat with the remaining crumbs in the remaining muffin cups.
4. Bake the crust for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden. Let the crust cool to room temperature. Lower the oven temperature to 325°F.
5. TO MAKE THE FILLING: In the bowl of the food processor, combine the yogurt with the cream cheese and sugar and process until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt, and continue to process until the batter is smooth and combined, 1 minute more.
6. Scoop ⅓ cup cheesecake filling onto each cooled crust. Bake until the custard is lightly golden and set at the edges but still slightly jiggly in the center, 15 to 20 minutes.
7. Cool completely and then unmold the cheesecakes and refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
8. TO MAKE THE TOPPING: In a bowl, toss the strawberry To serve, put three to four strawberries on top of each cheesecake.