BHARATPUR, Sept 3: A person died due to electrocution after he was caught up in an electric fence at Dhobaha, Madi Municipality-3 in Chitwan district.
Dhiran Mahato, 26, son of a farmer Shiva Narayan Mahato of the locality, died due to electrocution after getting stuck on the electric fencing installed in the locality to protect the crops from wild animals, said Deepak Rijal, chief of the Area Police Office, Madi.
Dhiran, who was severely injured in the incident on Saturday, died at Bharatpur Hospital. According to Rijal, doctors at Bharatpur Hospital pronounced him dead upon arrival. Earlier he was admitted to Baghauda Hospital in Madi from where he was taken to Bharatpur for advanced treatment.