Fire breaks out in Fusre of Dharan

Published On: October 21, 2021 03:10 PM NPT By: Rohit Rai

DHARAN, Oct 21: The house of a local resident, Uttam Shrestha, caught fire at Fusre Chowk, Ward 13 of Dharan Sub-metropolis at around 10:30 today morning. “The fire was brought under control about an hour and a half after it broke out with the help of police, armed police, army, locals and fire brigade,” said DSP Narendra Kunwar of the Area Police Office, Dharan.

He said that the fire was brought under control on time and no major damage was caused. According to police, only the daughter-in-law was at home when the fire broke out. Shrestha, who runs a shop at his home used to sell petrol too. DSP Kunwar said that the fire broke out when they tried to move the petrol that was near the kitchen.

According to him, if the fire had not been brought under control in time, the gas would have exploded and there would have been more damage. "It simply came to our notice then. The fire broke out while moving petrol near the kitchen,” said DSP Kunwar.

DSP Kunwar said that preliminary details of the damage caused by the fire have been received. “There has been damage worth Rs 100,000,” he said. The first fire engine from the sub-metropolitan city office that arrived at the scene to control the fire broke down in the middle causing some delay in controlling the fire. The fire was brought under control only after another fire engine arrived at the scene. 


Leave A Comment