Releasing a press statement on Sunday, Acting Minister for Information and Communications Technology, Som Prasad Pandey on Sunday, said the government was grieved over the mistreatment meted out on President Bhandari; those involved in such act and labeling allegation would be brought to book."In this 21st century, the allegation on woman and on the honourable President who is the Head of the State is the extreme form of uncivilized manner and the reflection of feudal mentality," the statement said, adding that it was quite disgusting and condemnable to defame President Bhandari who had significant contribution to ensure 33 percent reservation to the women in every state body and implement this provision in practice by presenting a resolution proposal in the parliament.
The President had been to the Janaki Temple to grace the bibahapanchami ceremony as per the tradition of the visit by the Head of the State, or of government, during the function.
"The ill-treatment on the President makes it clear what kind of culture and conduct we are teaching to the new generation. Such attitude has attacked culture, tradition and customs of Tarai/Madhes," the press release added.
The government reiterated that the misbehaviour on the President is not only on a particular woman, but to the entire women community is intolerable to it. RSS
Madhesi Commission recommends to President Bhandari to define 1...