At a press conference Friday, Sanjay said he feels unsafe as many people involved in the kidnapping and murder of his 15-year-old son Kapil are yet to be arrested.[break]
Among those at large is one Suresh Verma, who had asked his son over telephone to come to Manpur, located four kilometers from Nepalgunj. “Underground groups have big networks. I feel something might happen to us,” he said, demanding security from local administration.
Meraj Ahmed Sai of Indrapur-3, who was arrested for the kidnapping and murder of Kapil and Liladhar Bhatta, has told the police that many people, including police, were involved in the crime.
Based on Meraj´s statement, police have already arrested Banke´s Head Constable Sakir Ali Behna who had been feeding information to criminals for a long time.
Meraj, who is believed to be behind seven incidents of kidnapping and murder in the past three years had been committing crime in Nepal while living in Nawabgunj, India.
Meraj, who kidnapped and then killed the two boys by slitting their throats, was arrested from his brother´s residence at Indrapur-3 on October 4. Police arrested four more individuals based on his statement.
There is a widespread demand to take strong action against those involved in the kidnapping and murder of tenth grader Liladhar and ninth grader Kapil.
Liladhar´s family left Nepalgunj after the murder. His mother and sister, who were tenants at the Dwivedi household, have left for Mahendranagar. It is unclear whether they will return to Nepalgunj. Liladhar´s father is a Sub-Inspector posted at Jajarkot District Police Office.
Police in Banke claim there is adequate security in Nepalgunj.
Food crisis looms large as drought hits Madhesh districts