Six injured in cooking gas explosion in Bhaktapur

Published On: March 22, 2021 11:31 AM NPT By: Krishna Kisi

BHAKTAPUR, March 22: Six people were severely injured when a cooking gas (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) exploded in Bhimeshwor Mo:Mo and Chicken House at Suryabinayak Municipality-5 of Bhaktapur on Sunday night.

The cooking gas exploded while the staff members in the restaurant were busy preparing breakfast, according to Metropolitan Police Circle, Bhaktapur.

Six individuals including the owner of the restaurant, Tika Ram Basnet, and other customers have sustained severe injuries in the incident.

The injured are currently undergoing treatment at Dr Iwamura Memorial Hospital and Madhyapur Hospital in Bhaktapur.

Those sustaining injuries have been identified as Tika Ram Basnet, Rajendra Karki, Gita Karki, Adithya Subedi, Bikash Poudel and Himanshu Thapa.

Of the six injured, three have been referred to Nepal Cleft & Burn Center at Kirtipur.

Further investigation into the incident is underway.


Leave A Comment