Project implementation top priority for Butwal

Published On: June 26, 2019 09:40 AM NPT By: Binod Pariyar

RUPANDEHI, June 26: The budget of Butwal Sub-metropolitan City for the upcoming fiscal year 2019/20 prioritizes urban infrastructure development, tourism, trade and industry.

The sub-metropolitan city has decided to celebrate the upcoming fiscal year as ‘Project Implementation Year’.

The sub-metropolis, the temporary capital of Province 5, has envisioned reducing the unemployment rate in the city as well as preparing a base to develop Butwal into a mega city.

Deputy Mayor Gumadevi Acharya presented a budget of Rs 1.9 billion for FY2019/20 on Tuesday. Of the total budget, Rs 779.8 million (41%) is capital budget while the remaining Rs 1.12 billion (59%) has been set aside for recurrent expenditure.

The budget size is Rs 350 million higher compared to the budget of the current fiscal year. The sub-metropolis has presented a budget of Rs 1.67 billion for the current fiscal year.

The sub-metropolitan city has identified tourism, agriculture, industry and trade as the base for the sub-metropolis’ prosperity.

Leave A Comment