Over 4,000 tourists arrive Rara in four months

Published On: December 9, 2023 05:50 PM NPT By: Republica  | @RepublicaNepal

MUGU, Dec 9: Over 4,000 tourists have visited Rara, which is considered to be the best tourist destination of Karnali, in the last four months.

From mid-July to mid-November, Rara witnessed the arrival of 4,490 domestic tourists, alongside 26 foreigners from SAARC countries, bringing the overall tourist count to 4,611.

Jayhari Dhital, the Information Officer at the Rara National Park Office, noted a promising surge in tourist numbers this year. He highlighted a notable increase in domestic tourist influx during the Dasain-Tihar holidays.

Dhital said that with the increase in the number of tourists, a revenue of Rs 1.2 million has been collected in four months. Last year, 11,000 domestic tourists, 26 from SAARC countries and 183 foreign tourists visited Rara, the park reported.

The entry fee structure includes Rs 100 per person for domestic tourists, Rs 1,500 per person for SAARC country nationals, and Rs 3,000 for other foreign visitors. Approximately 75 percent of tourists access Rara by air, while the remaining 25 percent opt for road travel. However, hindered by unreliable roads and airways, the tourist numbers in Rara have yet to experience a significant upturn.

Leave A Comment