Woman jumps off 3-storey house for life as it catches fire

Published On: May 3, 2017 11:06 AM NPT By: Deepak Kharel

KATHMANDU, May 3: A big fire has erupted at one house located at Dhunge Sanghu in Mahalaxmisthan of Lalitpur Metropolitan City early morning today.

The wife of the owner of the house that caught fire sustained serious injuries after she jumped from the third floor of the three-storey house along with her one son and one daughter to avoid being burnt to death.

The injured has been identified as Shushila Sapkota,34. She was rushed to Kist Hospital located in Lalitpur Metropolitican City for treatment.

Her son Sulav Bajgai, 12, and daughter Sudiksha Bajgai, 14 who joined their mother in trying to avoid the fire by jumping from the third floor of the house were not severely injured as their mother.

The house belongs to her husband Ballav Prasad Bajgai.

The fire was caused by short-circuit, Ishwor Karki, DSP at Lalitpur Metropolitan Police Office told Republica Online.

According to the preliminary estimate made by the police, the property worth Rs 16.5 million was gutted in the blaze.

The police personnel have been dispatched to douse the fire. Fire engine has already reached the incident site.

The fire had started from the bag shop located at the house that caught fire.


Leave A Comment