KMC selects 89 proposals for its development assistance programs

Published On: February 9, 2023 12:05 PM NPT By: Republica  | @RepublicaNepal

KATHMANDU, Feb 9: A total of 89 proposals have been selected for the Development Assistance Program of Kathmandu Metropolitan City (KMC). According to KMC officials, they had received as many as 204 proposals for the program.

A meeting of the Social Committee chaired by Deputy Mayor Sunita Dangol on Wednesday selected the proposals that secured the maximum number of points within the budget limit and met all necessary requirements.

Of the total, 103 proposals, whose documents and evidence were not complete, have been placed on the waiting list. In the 100-point evaluation index, work experience, manpower, program duration, target class and number of participants in the proposed program, physical structure, employment, and cost participation were given points.

The meeting decided to recommend Rs 250,000 for awareness programs and Rs 500,000 for employment programs. The grantee will get 60 percent after the agreement and the remaining 40 percent after submitting the completion report.

In the meeting of the committee held on January 5, an indicator determination and selection committee was formed under the coordination of Ward No 2 Chairman Rajendra Kumar Shrestha to evaluate the proposals received. Executive members Mahesh Nepali and Lalita Khadgi were members of the committee.

On December 16, KMC had called for a proposal through a public notice to institutionalize and organize the field work of the non-governmental organizations with operational areas in the metropolis. Out of the 10 sectoral programs, 64 proposals were on the various associations, foundations, and academies in the program support sector. 37 proposals have been selected for the program with a budget of Rs 10 million and 27 proposals have been kept in the waiting list.

Only one organization had sent a proposal for the 'Sample Student MP Programme'. It has been chosen. One million rupees has been allocated for this program. 27 proposals have been received in the 'program support to various associations related to sports', which has an allocation of one million rupees. Out of them 12 have been selected and 15 are on the waiting list.

Similarly, 2.5 million rupees for awareness programs including campaigns against drugs, human trafficking, traffic control, gender violence. 61 proposals were submitted for this area. Out of them 14 have been selected and 47 are on the waiting list. Two million rupees were allocated in the 'cooperation with organizations working in the field of disability' program, 13 proposals were made. Nine of these have been selected. Four are on the waiting list.

 Likewise, Two million rupees has been allocated under the title of 'Akshay Kosh grant’ to foundations established in the name of various creators'. Three proposals have been submitted for this area. Seven organizations were proposed for the 'Support to various organizations for programs targeting children with autism, Down syndrome, cerebral palsy and cerebral palsy'. Six million rupees have been allocated under this head.

In addition, four proposals were submitted for ``Disabled Targeted Sports Program'' with Rs two million allocated. Two of these have been selected. Two are on the waiting list. Eight proposals were submitted in the 'Dalit Targeted Program Operation and Support Programme'. Six projects have been selected under this heading with a budget allocation of Rs five million. Two are said to be on the waiting list.

Leave A Comment