Indian university offers 60% scholarship for Nepali students

Published On: February 6, 2019 08:02 PM NPT By: Ruby Rauniyar

KATHMANDU, Feb 6: Ansal University, a renowned university in India, has announced 60 percent scholarship for Nepali students.

Unlike usual scholarship trend at a university, where only few quotas are allocated under scholarship, all the students who join this university are eligible to enjoy the scholarship.

“All luminous students will get scholarship in our university. Nepali students will have to pay only 40 percent of the total amount of fee to be charged by the university to each student. The remaining 60 percent will be provided as scholarship to them,” shared Professor Dr Raj Singh during a meeting with Repulica correspondent.

For instance, if an Indian student pays INRs 1 million in school fee, a Nepali student will have to pay the fee in the same figures but in Nepali rupees, i.e., NRs 1 million, elaborated Singh. 

Students from 12 various countries study at Ansal University where a total of 150 faculties are PhD holders, according to Singh.

Over 3,000 students are studying at eight schools including Susant School of Arts and Architecture, School of Hospitality Management, Susant School of Business, School of Engineering and Technology among others.

Of the total 3,000 students, 50 students are from Nepal.

Equipped with trans-disciplinary teaching learning activities under the joint venture of five different multinational companies, the university runs courses from masters’ degree to doctorate.  


Leave A Comment