The Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT) was so far the only government body to conduct trainings, classes and exams in technical subjects. The ministry-level decision was made after tension arose between the Council and the Board to attract more than 3000 students who passed the SLC with technical subjects from 99 schools this year.Board's Vice Chairperson Chaitanya Mishra said that preparations are under way to begin classes for technical subjects from the first week of August. The board would solicit proposals from +2 schools before granting them permission to run technical classes. We will see if the schools have required infrastructures including labs and teachers, Mishra told Republica. Only those meeting the required criteria will get permission, he said.
For the first time in 2012, the Department of Education had started technical education at school level at 99 schools. The technical students have to choose among mechanical and civil engineering, agriculture study, veterinary, health and many more subjects at the school level.
HSEB tells +2 schools to start grade 11 classes from July 31