Published On: January 17, 2022 06:45 PM NPT By: Republica | @RepublicaNepal
KATHMANDU, Jan 17: Investors at the stock exchange market paid Rs 537.35 million to the government in capital gains tax during the one-month period of mid-December and mid-January.
Of the settled tax, short-term investors paid Rs 352.46 million (65.59 percent) while long-term investors paid the remaining of Rs 184.88 million (34.41 percent), according to the CDS and Clearing Limited. The investors selling shares purchased within one year are considered as short-term investors while those selling the shares after one year of purchase are long-term investors.
The government takes five percent capital gains tax from long-term investors whereas it is 7.5 percent for short-term investors.
Leave A Comment