Published On: February 22, 2022 07:15 AM NPT By: Republica | @RepublicaNepal
KATHMANDU, Feb 22: The government last month collected Rs 805.40 million in capital gains tax from the investors of the stock exchange market, out of which the short-term investors contributed the largest proportion.
According to CDS & Clearing Limited, short-term investors hold 69.52 percent in the total amount of capital gains tax while the rest of 30.48 percent was collected from long-term investors. The tax collection under the heading during mid-January and mid-February was 49.89 percent more than that of the previous month.
Share transactions worth Rs 117.89 billion took place during the review month, which was 30.10 percent more than the previous month. The individual investors need to pay capital gains tax of 7.5 percent if the purchased shares are sold within one year.
The tax rate is five percent if the shares are sold after one year of purchase. For institutional investors, the tax rate is 10 percent of the capital gain amount.
Leave A Comment