GAUR, Nov 24: A massive fire broke out in Gaur, the headquarters of Rautahat last night. The fire broke out at the Islam cloth shop at Maisthan Chowk in Gaur municipality-1 on Wednesday at 11PM.
The fire caused by an electrical short in the cotton kept in the house next to the shop has caused a lot of damage. As a result of the fire, three children died on the spot and three others were injured.
At least 16 people were sleeping in the house when the fire broke out. Locals said that the fire broke out while they were sleeping and caused huge loss of life and property.
According to police, Islam Miya's 9-year-old daughter Ruksana Khatun, 5-year-old daughter Sabina Khatun and 7-year-old son Imran Mansuri were killed. Islam's 26-year-old nephew Muhammad Israel Mansuri, 8-year-old Muhammad Imran and 24-year-old Naseema Khatun are injured. Police said Miya fell down and got injured as he ran to save his family members.
The bodies of all the deceased have been kept at Gaur Hospital. Similarly, three injured people are being treated at Gaur Hospital.
The fire has also caused heavy damage to the motorcycle garage, which is adjacent to the clothing store. Dozens of motorcycles kept in the garage were burnt.
Dangerous situation was created after the gasoline of the motorcycles and the gallons of gasoline in the garage where the motorcycles were repaired were set on fire. SP Bir Bahadur Budha Magar, Head of District Police Office, Rautahat, said that the fire caused a loss of goods worth around four million rupees in the incident.
The fire was brought under control at night with the help of Nepal Police, Armed Police, Nepali Army and local residents.
Mayor of Gaur Municipality, Shambhu Shah said that the incident is very unfortunate and said that the municipality is ready to help the victims. After hearing the news of the incident, Mayor Shah reached the spot, worked to rescue the victim immediately and provided blankets, shelter and arranged medical treatment to the victims.