Published On: June 29, 2018 02:42 PM NPT By: Republica | @RepublicaNepal
SURUNGA, Jhapa, June 29: Six people of the same family have taken ill after consuming poisonous mushroom at Duwagadi of Mechinagar Municipality-14 in Jhapa.
The ailing people identified as local resident Prem Kishan Darji, his wife Sushila, their two children, mother Lila Maya Darji and son-in-law Prakash Darju had consumed curry made of mushroom collected from nearby forest, said Deputy Superintendent of Police Jitendra Basnet. They are receiving treatment at Mechi Zonal Hospital, Bhadrapur.
Likewise, nine people have fallen sick with food poisoning at Kachanakawala Rural Municipality on Thursday afternoon. They had started vomiting and complaining of headache, dizziness and body ache after consuming soybean and potato mixed curry offered by a local resident Padam Bahadur Tamang. They were working in the farmland of Tamang.
The ailing people--local residents Sharmila Tamang, Manju Rai, Raja Tamang, Anjan Rai, Sita Tamang and Dilu Limbu, 10-year-old Udaya Rajbamshi and eight-year-old Jaya Prakash Rajbanshi--are receiving treatment at the same hospital, said the police.
Leave A Comment