JHAPA, June 29: Six people of a same family are sick after consuming poisonous mushroom at Duwagadi of Mechinagar Municipality-14 in Jhapa.
The ailing people identified as local resident Prem Kishan Darji, his wife Sushila, their two children, mother Lila Maya Darji and son-in-law Prakash Darji had consumed curry made of mushroom collected from nearby forest, said Deputy Superintendent of Police Jitendra Basnet.
They are receiving treatment at Mechi Zonal Hospital, Bhadrapur.
Likewise, nine people have fallen sick with food poisoning at Kachanakawala Rural Municipality on Thursday afternoon. They started vomiting and complaining regarding headache, dizziness and body ache after consuming soybean and potato mixed curry offered by a local resident Padam Bahadur Tamang. They were working in the farmland of Tamang.
The ailing people identified as local residents Sharmila Tamang, Manju Rai, Raja Tamang, Anjan Rai, Sita Tamang and Dilu Limbu.
10-year-old Udaya Rajbamshi and eight-year-old Jaya Prakash Rajbanshi are receiving treatment at the hospital, said the police. (RSS)