1 day ago
We are a team of professional management and journalists — one of the best in the Nepali media. Our duty toward our readers is to provide them with impartial news, bold views, in-depth analysis and thought-provoking commentary. We shall do this without fear or favor, and we shall be guided by nothing but our conscience.Know More
Latest Article By Author
1 day ago
6 days ago
Recipe of jogi rice
Jogi rice gets its name from a type of dish made by jogis or sages, who go around households collecting different types of grains and vegetables. The mixture of vegetables is then cooked together with rice to make a dish called jogi bhat.
- Rice - cleaned and washed - 300 gms
- Lentil - red or black - 50 gms
- Potato – diced - 100 gms
- Spinach – cleaned - 100 gms
- Green peas - 50 gms
- Carrot – diced - 50 gms
- Ghee - 50 gms
- Onion – chopped - 1 medium
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1⁄2 tsp
- Warm water - 400 ml
1. Heat ghee in a pot and temper cumin seeds.
2. Add onion and saute until slightly brown.
3. Add soaked lentil and stir fry for two minutes.
4. Add turmeric, ginger garlic paste, potato and rice.
5. Cook for three minutes and pour water.
6. Add spinach and stir well.
7. Bring it to boil and add salt.
8. Cook on low heat until rice is cooked well.
9. Serve hot with chutney or pickle.
Credit - Ashish Sunar / Nepali Khanki
- by Associated Press