14 hours ago
We are a team of professional management and journalists — one of the best in the Nepali media. Our duty toward our readers is to provide them with impartial news, bold views, in-depth analysis and thought-provoking commentary. We shall do this without fear or favor, and we shall be guided by nothing but our conscience.Know More
Kathi roll recipe
This recipe is fairly simple and the good part is that it's quite healthy.
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, thinly shredded
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1-2 tsp chilli sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce / soya sauce
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp black pepper, crushed
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 7 spring roll pastry sheets / wrapper
- 1 tbsp maida / all-purpose flour / plain flour
- oil for deep frying
- Add oil along with finely chopped ginger and garlic in a large pan
- Add finely chopped spring onions.
- Saute them for a minute or till the raw smell disappears and add shredded carrot and cabbage and saute them.
- Now add sugar, chilli sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, black pepper and salt.
- Mix everything well and add corn paste and again mixing well and keep aside.
- Meanwhile, take spring roll pastry sheet and place spoonful of prepared stuffing.
- Pull and fold over the corner tightly till it reaches half the sheet.
- Now, fold over sides like an envelope leaving no air pockets.
- Create crease and roll further.
- At last, apply flour paste around the corners and seal the edges.
- Furthermore, deep fry the spring roll or bake them at 320 degrees F.
- Deep fry till they turn golden brown stirring occasionally.
- Once they turn golden brown, drain them over absorbent paper.
- Finally, serve crispy veg spring rolls hot with sweet chilli sauce or tomato sauce.
- by Republica
- by Associated Press
- by Republica