3 days ago
We are a team of professional management and journalists — one of the best in the Nepali media. Our duty toward our readers is to provide them with impartial news, bold views, in-depth analysis and thought-provoking commentary. We shall do this without fear or favor, and we shall be guided by nothing but our conscience.Know More
Latest Article By Author
3 days ago
7 days ago
Kathi roll recipe
This recipe is fairly simple and the good part is that it's quite healthy.
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, thinly shredded
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1-2 tsp chilli sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce / soya sauce
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp black pepper, crushed
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 7 spring roll pastry sheets / wrapper
- 1 tbsp maida / all-purpose flour / plain flour
- oil for deep frying
- Add oil along with finely chopped ginger and garlic in a large pan
- Add finely chopped spring onions.
- Saute them for a minute or till the raw smell disappears and add shredded carrot and cabbage and saute them.
- Now add sugar, chilli sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, black pepper and salt.
- Mix everything well and add corn paste and again mixing well and keep aside.
- Meanwhile, take spring roll pastry sheet and place spoonful of prepared stuffing.
- Pull and fold over the corner tightly till it reaches half the sheet.
- Now, fold over sides like an envelope leaving no air pockets.
- Create crease and roll further.
- At last, apply flour paste around the corners and seal the edges.
- Furthermore, deep fry the spring roll or bake them at 320 degrees F.
- Deep fry till they turn golden brown stirring occasionally.
- Once they turn golden brown, drain them over absorbent paper.
- Finally, serve crispy veg spring rolls hot with sweet chilli sauce or tomato sauce.
- by Associated Press