16 hours ago
We are a team of professional management and journalists — one of the best in the Nepali media. Our duty toward our readers is to provide them with impartial news, bold views, in-depth analysis and thought-provoking commentary. We shall do this without fear or favor, and we shall be guided by nothing but our conscience.Know More
Latest Article By Author
2 days ago
2 days ago
DIY homemade natural candles
- Package of candle-making soy wax
- Package of large candle wicks
- Bottle of fragrance oil
- Heat-proof container
- Double boiler
- Pair of chopsticks
- Measure out how much wax you would need to fill your container, and then double it. That’s how much wax you will need to melt.
- Pour the wax into your boiler and allow melting for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- When your candle wax is melted, it’s time to add fragrance oils. Pour it into your melted wax and stir for a few seconds.
- The wick needs to be attached to the bottom of your container before you pour in the wax.
- Before you pour the wax into your container, let it cool for a few minutes. When the temperature on the thermometer reads 140 degrees, it’s time to pour.
- To prevent your wick from swaying in the melty wax, lay two chopsticks across the top of the container. Sandwich the wick in between so that it stays centered while the wax hardens. Allow the wax to set for four hours.
- If your candle hardened with an unsightly top (thin cracks or holes) simply reheat and add your remaining wax. Let harden.
- by Associated Press