22 hours ago
Latest Article By Author
1 day ago
11 steps to achieving a high IELTS score
IELTS is one of the most popular international English language proficiency tests. There are two types of IELTS tests. Depending on the organization you are applying to, you can take IELTS Academic or IELTS General Training. Scores are accepted by over 9,000 organizations worldwide. If you want to study at a university, then you should opt for the IELTS Academic test.
Here are eleven essential steps that will help you achieve a high IELTS score:
1. Start your preparation early, be consistent, and monitor your progress frequently.
2. Master Standard English grammar in a systematic way.
3. Practice using your English skills in four ways – listening, speaking, reading and writing.
4. Take every opportunity to communicate in English, orally and in writing.
5. Enrich your vocabulary. This doesn’t happen overnight. Aim to learn at least 10 new words from different subject areas every day.
6. Read longer texts specialized in different subject areas – management, finance, culture, history, sciences, etc.
7. Listen to the news and watch documentaries on various topics in English.
8. Practice talking with other English speakers about yourself – your hobbies, interests, everyday life, family, job, dreams and professional aspirations.
9. When you have a solid foundation of English language knowledge and skills join an IELTS course or work with a professional IELTS tutor.
10. If you are not sure whether you are ready to start preparing for the IELTS exam, take a diagnostic test and get feedback from a professional instructor on your level and next steps.
11. Towards the end of your IELTS preparation, start practicing with full-length tests under realistic conditions for several weeks before the test date.
- by Republica
- by Agencies