Katrina Kaif-Vicky Kaushal: Bride and groom to reach wedding venue in a helicopter to avoid media attention?
16 hours ago
During the winter months, cold outside weather combined with dry indoor heat can wreak havoc on your strands, leading to split ends and breakage. That’s right: breakage isn’t just a summertime sadness. It happens in winter and to all manner of hair types. In order to have a fabulous mane all year long, there are a few precautions you should take throughout the year. Here are some tips to prevent winter hair woes for every texture.
1. It is essential to invest in a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner to add more moisture to the hair during the winter months.
2. Include a hair mask into your weekly hair care routine. Leave it overnight if you can and always remember to towel dry your hair first to rid of any excess water.
3. Argan Oil is a great product to use during cold spells as they moisturize the hair instantly. Make sure the oil is not too heavy for your hair type. Ask your hairstylist who can recommend a light version.
4. During the winter months, we tend to use heated appliances more. Too much heat on the hair can cause further moisture loss, so by adding a little extra effort into your blow-dry, this will cut down the number of times you will apply heat to your hair.
5. If you do use heated appliances frequently, the best way to keep your hair in the best shape is to use a good quality heat protect spray.
6. Regular trims are essential. The most effective way to keep your hair healthy is to get rid of those dry ends.
7. Our hair color fades faster in the winter as we wash our hair more often due to weather conditions. Avoid washing your hair in hot water as it dries out the hair. Instead, wash your hair in lukewarm water and blast with cold water at the ends to help close and seal the hair cuticles.
8. Avoid shampoos that contain sulfate as they can strip the hair color and will leave your hair looking very dull. A sulfate-free shampoo will ensure that your color lasts all winter long.
9. During the winter months, we often find that our scalps become more brittle, itchy and flaky. To combat this use a good quality Argan oil to add nutrients and then blow-dry the hair on medium heat.
10. If you find that your hair is extremely flaky, I would recommend that you buy a medicated shampoo containing salicylic acid. After putting in the shampoo, stimulate the scalp by massaging lightly with a brush. This will increase blood circulation and help to keep a flaky scalp at bay.
- by Associated Press
- by Associated Press