BARA, April 4: The victims of Balirampur-13 are yet to receive food and non-food item assistance as the local body is yet to open the Balirampur-Chotkiphulbariya road section.
The road was obstructed after the wind storm fell trees and brought debris on March 31, 2019.
“Apart from tarpaulins, we are yet to receive necessary support,” Ramchandra Sah, a resident of Balirampur-13 said.
Rajesh Yadav, chief of Kalaiya sub-metropolitan city said that he was uninformed about the obstruction until now. “We will open the road as soon as possible,” Yadav said.
On March 31, 2019, Bara and Parsa were hit by the country’s first wind storm killing 28 and injuring more than 600 people. Pheta rural municipality of Bara was worst hit by the wind storm. Since then, both the federal and the local government have pledged support to treat the injured and rebuild homes.