Switching station to supply electricity to Huaxin Cement factory is ready for operation

Published On: October 17, 2021 07:10 PM NPT By: Republica  | @RepublicaNepal

KATHMANDU, OCT 17: Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA) has brought into operation the switching station in Dhading district which will be supplying electricity to the Huaxin Cement factory that is on construction stage in the district.

According to the NEA, the switching station was charged on Friday by using the electricity supply from Marsyangdi-Syuchatar 132 kV transmission line. The NEA will be supplying 20 MW of electricity to the cement factory.

With the charging of the switching station, it will be able to supply electricity locally through two transmission lines with capacities 33 kV and 11 kV. The infrastructure can also supply electricity to industries to be opened in Galchhi and Naubise areas.

Huaxin Cement is constructing its manufacturing plant in Rorang Rural Municipality, Benighat of Dhading. The company, which is jointly promoted by Nepali and Chinese investors, is investing Rs 15 billion in the cement factory. Huaxin holds 80 percent of shares in the company, while Vaidya Group owns the remaining 20 percent.

Leave A Comment