header banner

'Special Committee to take up PLA's China trip'

alt=
By No Author
BIRATNAGAR, Oct 29: Minister for Peace and Reconstruction Rakam Chemjong on Friday said the Special Committee will take up recent China visit by Maoist divisional commanders as the visit was authorized neither by the Committee nor UNMIN.



"As the commanders are under the Special Committee and taking allowance from the government they cannot travel abroad for a political visit," Chemjong told journalists at the Biratnagar Airport. [break]"The Committee will decide whether to take action against them."



Maoist divisional commanders had visited China last week, triggering a political controversy.



The government has maintained that the commanders should have abstained from making such a visit without seeking prior permission while the UCPN (Maoist) defends the trip saying the commanders can go anywhere when they are on leave.



As the controversy deepended, the government had even asked UNMIN for information about the visit but UNMIN said the commanders are not required to obtain its permission for any visit if they are on an authorized leave.



Chemjong also said the government would discontinue the allowance to the combatants if the Maoists do not allow the government to bring annual budget by mid-November.



Related story

President, public and precedence

Related Stories
POLITICS

Awareness about special needs education low in Nep...

IMG_2121.jpg
POLITICS

Parliament elects chairs of 12 thematic committees...

Secretariat-of-the-Federal-Parliament_20221219104707.jpg
The Week

Saving for that trip you want to take

Saving-for-that-trip-you-want-to-take_20200221120032.jpg
OPINION

What Nepal can learn from China

22_20200405090351.jpg
N/A

Ex-disqualified PLAs continue protest

Ex-disqualified PLAs continue protest