If you are not familiar with LinkedIn, or you don’t know how or why to use it, then this might help you. LinkedIn can simply be understood as the Facebook for business and business people.
LinkedIn allows you to connect with your work friends, old colleagues and you can see where they work and where they have been.
LinkedIn is your online Resume or C.V which showcases your abilities and recommendations.
You can connect with your old university friends and find out where they have worked and where they are now. This can be a great tool if you are a sales person and want to approach a company but don’t know where to start. Currently 20 million people are on LinkedIn and one person signs up every second, and many people know each other.
So if you can get your resume up and running online you can connect with long lost (work) friends and continue to expand your network with your current workmates.
The top reasons why you need a LinkedIn account can be listed as:
• Expand your network significantly and create more work opportunities by joining groups and discussions on various topics that you are interested in.
• Showcase your work experience, but more important, your work achievements and recommendations from your work colleagues and clients.
• Let other companies headhunt, and contact you, faster and more accurately.
• Find out where your friends work or who works at a better company and get directly introduced by one of your network contact.
• Keeping up with the new options that are being added on a regular basis. Sync it with TripIt, PowerPoint’s, Amazon, Twitter or your personal blog.
This will open more doors and connect you with others who have similar or exact interests. Doing business and finding more business opportunities has never been this easy.