Prohibitory orders extended in Kathmandu Valley, vehicular movement banned after 8PM till August 24
August 10, 2021 04:27 PM NPT
KATHMANDU, August 10: The district administration offices (DAOs) of the Kathmandu Valley have decided to extend the ongoing prohibitory orders in the Valley, banning the movement of private and public vehicles after 8PM from August 12 to August 24.
The DAOs decided to extend the prohibitory orders following a surge in the number of the COVID-19 infection in the Valley lately.
Likewise, the DAOs have banned the movement of commercial vehicles from 9AM to 11Am in the morning and from 4PM to 7PM in the evening while essential transportation services will be allowed to run anytime.
What will operate
1) Medical stores and pharmaceuticals will be allowed to operate any time.
2) Grocery shops, shops selling basic essentials and other stores will be allowed to open till 7PM by following the safety guidelines. Shops will be forcibly closed if safety criterias are not met.
3) Home delivery of online purchased items and takeaway services from restaurants and fast food outlets will be allowed to operate till 7PM inside the Kathmandu Valley.
4) It is mandatory to wear face masks and keep a distance of two meters between two people.
5) Private and public transportation to operate with half capacity while also following health and safety guidelines and keep hand sanitizers for passengers to use.
What will not operate
1) Meeting halls, party palaces, cinema halls, dance bars, clubs, swimming pools, museums, stadiums, and large gatherings are prohibited.
2) Protests, large gatherings, celebrations, festivals will not be allowed.
3) Schools, colleges, tuition centers, coaching centers and training centers will not be allowed to operate in the physical presence of students.
4) Movement of public and private vehicles will not be allowed after 8PM.
5) Commercial vehicles are not allowed to operate from 9AM to 11Am and from 4PM to 7PM.