KATHMANDU, Dec 3: A passenger's handbag caught fire inside the Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) due to a power bank explosion.
The incident occurred when the power bank that was in a bag exploded when the passenger was seated in the waiting room with a boarding pass before boarding the plane. Prompt action was taken, and the fire was immediately extinguished.
Pratap Babu Tiwari, director of the TIA, told Republica that the handbag belonged to a passenger traveling to China on an Air China flight and the fire resulted from the explosion of the power bank.
Further details of the incident are yet to be revealed.