Over 15,000 quake victims ‘omitted from grant list’

Published On: July 9, 2016 07:54 AM NPT By: Republica


Gorkha, July 8: Those from Gorkha victimised by the earthquake on April 25, 2015 and aftershocks, numbered in the hundreds, have complained that they were excluded from the procedure to provide grant amounts to quake survivors.

More than 15,000 such people said that they were not registered for receiving grant amounts of Rs 200,000 to each family whose house got damaged.

Meanwhile, the National Reconstruction Authority (NRA) reached an agreement with the total 44,781 quake survivors from Gurkha worst hit by the quake till July 6 for receiving the grant amounts, the NRA Sub Regional Office, Gorkha said.

And the process to reach an agreement with the quake victims from the district would be complete within next week, said spokesperson for the NRA regional office Gunaraj Bhattarai.

He also said that a total of 10,156 families affected by the quake received the first instalment of Rs 50,000 each so far. RSS


Leave A Comment