Infrastructures a priority for Province 4 govt

Published On: June 8, 2018 08:07 AM NPT By: Bishan Kshetri

POKHARA, June 8:  The government of Province 4 is publicizing its development plans and programs for 2018-2019 on Friday. 

These plans are designed for the full budget of the province for the upcoming fiscal year, which is just around the corner.  

Province Chief Baburam Kunwar is scheduled to present the policies and programs at 4 pm in the provincial assembly hall. It would include a 140-point ambitious plan, prioritizing infrastructure development as the basis of prosperity. The government said the current fiscal year’s policies and programs would serve as a guidance for the upcoming year.  

The upcoming year’s plans and policies would continue prioritizing tourism, agriculture and industry development, informed Industry and Tourism Minister Bikash Lamsal.     

Likewise, the government will also give priority to agricultural products, factories as well as small and medium industries. These sectors have been prioritized to create employment opportunities for local youths and discourage them from going for foreign employment, according to the minister.    

Furthermore, the provincial government has also identified areas still lacking electricity and has estimated the investment required to supply electricity to those areas. While 85 percent households of the province have electricity, the remaining 15 percent are still deprived of it. The provincial government aims to supply electricity to those households by the end of the upcoming fiscal year.    

Likewise, the government has plans to open the Korala-Susta road and prioritize development of Mid-hill Highway along with other ambitious projects. “The government had decided to bring policies and programs in the first year. Now as we are ending this fiscal year, the next year’s priorities will be to develop necessary infrastructures so as to make implementation of the policies and plans effective,” said Government Spokesperson Ram Sharan Basnet.

Leave A Comment