Infant dies due to suffocation, parents’ health critical

Published On: January 23, 2022 04:39 PM NPT By: Republica  | @RepublicaNepal

BHAKTAPUR, Jan 23: A three-month-old baby died due to suffocation in a rented room at Dadhikot, Suryabinayak Municipality-4 in Bhaktapur district. Two others have been seriously injured in the incident. The minor, son of one Abhishek Ramtel originally hailing from Manthali Municipality in Ramechhap district, who has rented a room in the house of Bhawana Thapa in the municipality, was found dead Sunday morning, said Deputy Superintendent of Police Narahari Regmi.

Abhishek and his spouse, Pasuna Tamang had gone to bed along with their child after having dinner while the coal they had burnt to keep the room warm was burning, said Regmi. “The child may have suffocated as the rented room lacked ventilation for oxygen to pass in,” he said. 

The child died at Madhyapur Hospital while the injured couple admitted to the hospital are said to be in a critical condition. 

The local people and police broke the door of the house to get inside the room and found three of them unconscious when they were not seen outside until late in the morning. Shortly, they rushed them to the hospital.


Leave A Comment