Fire guts property worth over Rs 900,000 in Taplejung

Published On: June 20, 2022 04:24 PM NPT By: Republica  | @RepublicaNepal

TAPLEJUNG, June 20: An unfortunate incident of fire has taken place in Taplejung — a district that was already grappling with the losses caused by floods and landslides. 

A fire broke out in a house of a local of Chaksibote in Ward No. 5, Yangwarak Municipality, Pathibhara, damaging property worth over Rs 900,000. According to the District Police Office, the fire at the house of a local — Man Bahadur Rai — who had also given his place as rent to the ward office, has caused a loss worth Rs 950,000. 

According to the police, the ward office at Chaksibote incurred a loss of about Rs 650,000 while Rai lost Rs 300,000. The police mention that the laptop, printer, furniture and important documents of the ward office were destroyed in the fire. The fire broke out at around 10.30 AM due to an electrical short circuit. 


Leave A Comment