MAHOTTARI, Nov 13: Two brothers who unknowingly consumed poison here Sunday evening, one is succumbed in course of treatment, police confirmed.
Five-year-old Uddhab Thakur and three-year-old Uday Thakur, sons of Rambilash Thakur of Belgachhi of Gaushala Municipality-8, found a packet of poison as it was thrown on the street, unpacked it thinking as a food packet and swallowed, as reported by the Area Police Office, Gaushala.
Uddhav died in course of treatment in a Biratnagar-based hospital Sunday itself while Uday has been admitted to the Intensive Care Unit ( ICU), said Police Inspector Bhola Bhatta. Initially, the boys were rushed to the Primary Health Center Gaushala, but deprived of timely care as doctor was not on duty and they were taken to the Janakpur Zonal Hospital. The hospital later referred them to Biratnangar.