They have also demanded that the Supreme Court deliver its verdict on the petition filed against the government´s decision to provide each of the discharged PLA members Rs 200,000. The SC has postponed the final verdict on the issue for March 20.[break]
“We don´t have patience to keep on hearing government´s assurances. We will be compelled to launch yet another people´s war if the government fails to address our demands,” said Lal Bahadur BK, chairman of the discharged PLA members.
“We demand that the SC issue its verdict on time,” said BK.
Similarly, discharged former PLA members led by Sagar Limbu, who is close to CPN-Maoist, have also warned that they will join the people´s war if their demands are not met.
The discharged PLA members have demanded removal of the “disqualified” tag, among other things. In December last year, they had staged a month-long sit in at the UCPN (Maoist) headquarters in Perisdanda.
Stop Russia-Ukraine War for the Greater Interest