KATHMANDU, June 21: Nepal received commitments for foreign assistance worth Rs 202.28 billion in the first ten months of the current fiscal year, which is 35.3 percent more than the pledged amount in the same period last year.
Of the pledged amount, 89.1 percent was loans while the remaining 10.9 percent was for grants. According to the Ministry of Finance (MoF), the amount in loans has gone up by 3.4 point percent in the review period.
Considering the sub-sectors, road construction was assured to be provided with Rs 54 billion (26.7 percent), the largest of all. Similarly, the donor agencies expressed their commitments to provide Rs 46.26 billion (22.9 percent) for the country’s energy sector and Rs 23.68 billion (11.7 percent) as budgetary support.
Of the pledged amount, multilateral assistance covers 95.3 percent and those in bilateral assistance stand at 4.7 percent. During mid-July 2020 and mid-May 2021 of the current fiscal year, Nepal received loans of Rs 67.10 billion and grants of Rs 14.33 billion from various foreign donors.