RAUTAHAT, July 18: A woman has died due to sweltering heat in Gadhimai Rural Municipality-4 in the district on Tuesday.
Jamina Devi, 58, who was carrying snacks for the workers in the field, fell unconscious due to the heat.
Jamuna, who left for the field at 12 pm fell unconscious apparently due to searing heat. She was whisked to a nearby health-post for treatment but the doctor pronounced her dead in the course of treatment.
The temperature was recorded above 40 degree Celsius today. The mercury has risen for the last four days in Rautahat.
Meanwhile, with the growing heat in the region, the number of patients suffering from viral fever and water-borne diseases has gone up.
From 40 to 50 patients visit hospital daily because of viral fever, said Dr Nawal Kishor Jha.