February 9, 2020 06:00 PM NPT
KATHMANDU, Feb 9: Out of 920 heritages destroyed by the 2017 Gorkha earthquake, reconstruction of over 400 heritages has been over so far.
A total of 150 heritages are undergoing reconstruction in the existing fiscal year.
The Department of Archaeology has aimed at completing 60 percent of the reconstruction of earthquake damaged heritages this fiscal year, while to complete the remaining 40 percent by the fiscal year 2078/79.
At a press conference organized at the Department today, Minister for Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation, Yogesh Kumar Bhattarai, shared that arrangement could be made to create atmosphere for ensuring night visit at Kathmandu, Lalitpur and Bhaktapur Durbar Squares.
"Bhaktapur Durbar Square is already a place for night visit, and similar atmosphere would be made at Basantapur and Patan Durbar Squares soon," he added, informing that the heritages in the Kathmandu Valley would be interlinked and even cycle lane created.
According to him, ancient construction materials would be used for the reconstruction of the heritages. If the antique ones do not work, these could be kept in museum. Such museum was established at Patan.
Executive member of the National Reconstruction Authority (NRA) Dr Chandra Bahadur Shrestha said the Guthi Sansthan had entrusted the Kathmandu University for the conservation of Mahadev Temple at Tripureshwor, Kathmandu.
Officiating Director General at the Department Damodar Gautam has shared the information that the excavation was underway at the Mahabharat era Birat Durbar and Kichakbadha in Province-1.
He claimed that the construction materials and form were not distorted in the newly reconstructed ones.