One more dies, 9 sick after consuming wild mushroom

Published On: June 10, 2019 02:54 PM NPT

PALPA, June 10: One more person has died on Monday after consuming wild mushroom in Nisdi rural municipality.

The deceased has been identified as four-years-old Bishu Singh Thakuri.

Thakuri was undergoing treatment at ICU. According to police authorities, after having the wild mushroom three families of the same locality fallen sick on Friday night.

Earlier, a girl named Nirmala Singh Thakuri died on Saturday and 10 others were sick at Sarkidanda of Jhiruwas in Nisdi rural municipality after consuming wild mushroom. 

Nirmala died while undergoing treatment at the Purano Medical College in Chitwan. Chief of Palpa District Police Bishwamani Pokharel, said the girl died and nine more people have fallen sick after eating the poisonous wild mushroom.

Those who have fallen sick include 45-year-old Puran Khamcha; his wife Chandra Khamcha, 40; their daughter Nirmala Khamcha, 15; Prem Bahadur Singh Thakuri, 81; Daan Kumari Singh, 30; seven-year-old Suman Singh; Dhan Kumari Singh and Niruta Singh Thakuri.

The patients are members of four separate families and are undergoing treatment at Madhyabindu Hospital in Nawalpur. They had consumed the wild mushroom on Friday evening.



Leave A Comment