header banner

NKorea makes more threats after UN sanctions vote

alt=
By No Author
SEOUL, South Korea, March 8:  North Korea is canceling a hotline and a nonaggression pact with South Korea and reiterating past threats in anger over a U.N. Security Council vote to impose more sanctions on the North for its third nuclear test.



The statement the North issued Friday comes after the council leveled tough, new sanctions targeting the North´s economy and leadership. North Korea already has threatened of a pre-emptive nuclear strike on the United States.[break]



North Korea says it will retaliate with "crushing strikes" if enemies intrude into its territory. It also says it is voiding past nuclear disarmament statements between North and South Korea.



It previously said it was canceling a hotline with the United States and the armistice that closed the Korean War in 1953.



Related story

Sanctions against North Korea

Related Stories
POLITICS

Nepal votes against US move on Jerusalem amid thre...

Nepal votes against US move on Jerusalem amid threats of aid cut
WORLD

"Putin must pay price for his needless aggression"...

Keir-Starmer.jpg
WORLD

Sweden and Netherlands call for EU sanctions on Is...

Kg9Jst5A7D1gzgPSJRoYGxLjK3REdvokeLRwm7UG.jpg
WORLD

President Macron says 'too early' to consider lift...

osJz909I7hblFN7mZYq2xQQoMQUnczoUOMDl8Y1L.jpg
My City

Russia Sanctions 25 More Americans, Including Sean...

SeanandBen_20220906175324.jpg