KMC and NEA reach deal to install modern street lights on main roads

Published On: February 7, 2023 04:15 PM NPT By: Republica  | @RepublicaNepal

KATHMANDU, Feb 7: An agreement has been signed between the Kathmandu Metropolitan City (KMC) and the Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA) to install modern street lights on the main roads of Kathmandu.

The KMC–NEA deal is based on an earlier agreement reached among the KMC, the NEA and the Department of Roads. The deal was signed by Ram Bahadur Thapa, head of the Public Works Department of KMC and Balram Silwal, director of the Law Department of the NEA.

The estimated cost of installing the lights is  about Rs 120 million. The KMC will bear 60 percent of the cost while the NEA will bear the remaining 40 percent.

Leave A Comment