Fire breaks out from candles lighted on Laxmi Puja

Published On: November 1, 2016 08:57 AM NPT By: Republica  | @RepublicaNepal

GAIGHAT (Udayapur), Nov 1: Two separate incidents of fire breaking out from candles lighted to mark the occasion of Laxmi Puja of Tihar festival in Rampur Thoksila and Limpataar of Udayapur district caused damages worth Rs 3 million last night. 

A fire inflicted a loss of Rs 1 million when it engulfed the wooden house belonging to Prem Rai of Rampur Thoksila, District Police Office, Udayapur said. 

Similarly, a fire which spread from a candle lighted at the house of Shambhu Karki at Limpataar also spread to neighbouring Til Bahadur Karki's house and barn causing a loss estimated to be around Rs 2 million, locals said. The fire was taken under control by the locals. RSS 


Leave A Comment