DHANUSHA, Feb 8: Thousands worth of properties were gutted when a fire broke out in a grocery store in Janakpur last night.
The Taaj Rice Center caught fire inflicting a loss estimated at more than Rs 1.3 million. The rice centre owned by Mohammed Hussein of Pulchowk – 16 of Janakpur Sub Metropolitan City is housed in a wooden building. The wooden house was also gutted by the fire.
Railway Station Police Post In-charge, Assistant Sub Inspector of Police (ASI) Dev Lal Yadav, said the fire could have started from electrical short-circuit. RSS