Bharatpur metropolis invites bids for construction of Gautam Buddha International Cricket Stadium

Published On: February 29, 2024 02:28 PM NPT By: Republica  | @RepublicaNepal

KATHMANDU, Feb 29: Bharatpur Metropolitan City has announced a tender for the construction of the Gautam Buddha International Cricket Stadium.

In the first phase, the metropolis has called for tenders to complete the remaining infrastructure of the stadium, with an estimated cost of Rs 1.1 billion.

The construction of the stadium, located in Bharatpur metropolis-15, had previously faced delay due to budgetary constraints.

However, with the Dhurmus Suntali Foundation unable to secure sufficient funds for the project, the metropolis has taken the initiative to oversee its completion.

Interested and eligible companies are urged to submit their tender applications within a 30-day period.

The Bagmati provincial government is contributing 70 percent of the investment, with the Bharatpur metropolis providing the remaining 30 percent for the construction of the stadium.

Furthermore, the government has designated the construction of the Gautam Buddha International Cricket Stadium as a national pride project, highlighting its significance for the nation.

The company that wins the tender will be required to complete the construction within a timeframe of two and a half years, ensuring timely completion of this essential sporting infrastructure.


Leave A Comment