KATHMANDU, Oct 7: The Finance Committee of the House of Representatives has directed the Finance Ministry to ensure that expenditure is more than 60 percent in the second quarter, 90 percent till mid-June and remaining 10 percent by mid-July after completing the contract process within mid-December.
KATHMANDU, Oct 26: CPN (Maoist Centre) chairman Pushpa Kamal Dahal has said the Legislature-Parliament will automatically be restored if the elections to the House of Representatives and State Assembly were not held in the stipulated time.
KATHMANDU, Oct 17: President Bidya Devi Bhandari has expressed her happiness over the commitment by the government and all political parties to hold the elections on time to end the post-constitution transition and implement the new constitution.
KATHMANDU, Oct 12: Rastriya Prajatantra Party Chairman Kamal Thapa has said that his party is planning to join the government in view of a possible crisis facing the government due to the planned exit of the CPN (Maoist Center) from the cabinet.
KATHMANDU, September 4: Prime Minister Sher Bahadur Deuba has said that the government was making the necessary preparations keeping the topic of conducting the local level election in Province No 2, and the election of the state assembly and the House of Representatives in a free, fair and fear-free environment, in top priority.
KATHMANDU, August 23: Last week when almost all the southern plains of Nepal were hit by incessant downpours, employees at the Flood Forecasting Section of the Department of Hydrology and Meteorology (DHM) were busier than ever.
KATHMANDU, Aug 21: Last week when almost all the southern plain of Nepal was hit by incessant downpours, employees at the Flood Forecasting Section of the Department of Hydrology and Meteorology (DHM) were busier than ever. They had a very technical and complex job of forecasting the flood and issuing detailed warning leading to timely evacuations, upon which fate of thousands of lives depends.
BIRATNAGAR, Feb 7: Madhesi Janadhikar Forum (Loktantrik) Chairman Bijaya Kumar Gachchhadar today sounded a doubt over the possibility of extension of Parliament tenure in case of the failure to hold the elections within the stipulated deadline.
KATHMANDU, Feb 3: Minister for Physical Infrastructure and Transport Ramesh Lekhak and Chinese Ambassador to Nepal Yu Hong held a meeting Friday, focusing the timely completion of physical infrastructure-related projects undertaking here with the financial assistance of the Government of China.
KATHMANDU, Dec 28: The recent campaign on banning street vendors along the streets of Ason, Indrachowk and Hanumandhoka has helped to timely control the fire that broke out in a four-storey building in Makhantole of Kathmandu on Tuesday afternoon.
KATHMANDU, Nov 10: A parliamentary committee has directed the authorities concerned to accelerate the ongoing road-widening project in the Kathmandu Valley so as to complete it soon as the lack of timely completion of the project has left roads here dusty and prompted to traffic congestion.
BAITADI, Nov 7: Country will fall in danger unless elections are held within a year, said Physical Infrastructure and Transportation Minister Ramesh Lekhak. “Constitutional complications will arise if the national, provincial and local elections could not be held by 21 January 2018,” said Minister Lekhak.