KATHMANDU, July 31: A 32-year-old youth who was bitten by a snake has died due to the lack of intensive ventilator treatment. Yuvraj Shrestha, who lived in Sindhuli and was running a private school in Bardibas-4 Maisthan, died after being bitten by a snake on Saturday night as he did not receive intensive ventilator treatment, family members said.

Two siblings killed by snake bite

September 22, 2021 16:40 pm

RAJBIRAJ, Sept 22: A sister and her brother were pronounced dead after a poisonous snake bit the two siblings last night at Khadak Municipality-2 in Saptari district.

First aid myths

March 13, 2020 13:09 pm

While most of us have heard of ‘first aid’, the technicalities that lie behind it usually go overlooked. Much of our responses during injuries is learned from our parents or friends. And while some of those might work, many actually stem from hereditary superstitions. When you apply those remedies during emergencies, it might have unexpected consequences or worsen the situation rather than helping it. That being said, here are a few first aid myths you’ve heard growing up that you need to let go of.

LAHAN, July 21: Five people including three children died in separate incidents that took place in the district on Saturday. Five-year-old Sandhya Kumari Shah, the daughter of Pramod Kumar Shah of Siraha municipality-12, died after being bitten by a poisonous snake. She was playing in front of her house when she was bitten by the snake.