KATHMANDU, Oct 3: Rastriya Prajatantra Party's lawmaker Dhawal Shamsher Rana who was elected to the House of Representatives (HoR) from Banke-2, has appealed to the masses in Nepalgunj to keep the social harmony intact.
KATHMANDU, Aug 7: A devastating accident occurred at the Nepal-India Jamunaha border crossing in Nepalgunj, resulting in the loss of six lives. The incident occurred when a vehicle, (UP 47 W 1217), carrying Nepali citizens from Balrampur, India, was speeding to reach the border before it closed at 10 PM.
RANJHA, May 25: Children with intellectual disabilities are compelled to study in a crammed classroom at an intellectual disability day care service center operating from Saraswati Basic School at Nepalgunj Sub Metropolitan City-9 in Banke district.
RANJHA, May 11: Bhairab BK who was injured in a forest fire in the Malya forest at Aathbis Municipality-6 in Dailekh has died. BK, 55, died at Bheri Hospital in Nepalgunj on Wednesday night, said the hospital’s Medical Superintendent Dr Badri Chapagain.
BANKE, Nov 27: It has been found that 40 percent of the work of the Integrated Customs Checkpoint (ICP) under construction in Nepalgunj, which is scheduled to be completed by June 2023, is still remaining. Only 60 percent of the ICP work has been completed in 22 months since the construction work started in December 2020. The remaining 40 percent of the work should be completed within the next seven months if the construction is to be completed within the stipulated time.
NEPALGUNJ, Nov 17: Two cadres of the Netra Bikram Chand-led group who were injured in a bomb blast are being treated under police supervision. The explosion took place at around 8:10PM on Wednesday while the cadres were allegedly making a bomb in a house near the health office in Nepalganj Sub-metropolitan City ward number 10 Bhrikutinagar.
NEPALGUNJ, Sept 5: Rastriya Prajatantra Party (RPP) Chairman Rajendra Lingden has clarified that his party will not form an alliance with any party. In a press conference held on Monday morning in Nepalganj, Lingden said that he can move forward only by cooperating with any party on the basis of seats if needed.
KATHMANDU, July 22: A study on the temperature and hot air of Nepalgunj has been started. Nepalgunj Sub-metropolitan City office has started taking necessary steps to reduce the rising temperature and studying its effects.
BANKE, July 17: Following the increase in the price of petroleum products, the fares of public transport were increased from June 20. The fares were increased by 5.30 percent for passenger vehicles, 6.94 percent for cargo vehicles operating on mountain roads and 7.7 percent for cargo vehicles operating on Terai roads. After the price of petroleum products fell, the government reduced the fare of public transport on June 26. The transporters who implement the decision immediately when the fares are increased, don’t adjust the fares when they are decreased.
NEPALGUNJ, JULY 15: As the western main canal of the Sikta Irrigation Project blocks the natural outlet of the river, there has been rapid erosion of arable land in Banke's Dhakeri. The local Bhakta Khola has eroded four katthas of land of Dhan Bahadur Oli, six katthas of Bir Bahadur Dangi and four katthas of Lal Bahadur Khatri.
BANKE, July 14: Nepalgunj was declared a pressure horn prohibited area in November 2018. During that time, the police conducted programs ranging from public awareness to action to ban horns. However, the police gradually began to ignore the ban due to which large vehicles have started blowing their pressure horns on the main road of Nepalgunj again.
NEPALGUNJ, June 26- Nepal Police have recovered a large quantity of pulses and sugar from Nepalgunj Sub-metropolis city-1. As many as 520 sacks of sugar weighing 50 kg per sack and 51 sacks of pulses weighing 30 kg per sack were recovered from the premises of Nandani Mill in Nepalgunj Sub-metropolis-1.
NEPALGUNJ, June 2: Nine people including some policemen were injured in a clash between police and members of a monarchist group over the installation of a bust of former King Birendra Bir Bikram Shah at Dhamboji Chowk in Nepalgunj on Thursday.
BANKE, June 2: The town of Nepalgunj has been tense since Thursday morning after the police forcibly removed a bust of the Late King Birendra Bir Bikram Shah. The bust was installed by a monarchist group at Birendra Chowk or Dhamboji, Nepalgunj to mark the 21st anniversary of the royal palace massacre.
JAJARKOT, May 26: The air travel to Humla has been inconvenient to the general public due to distribution of ticket tickets based on access to power corridors. The public has to suffer a lot to get flight tickets and these tickets are also becoming extremely costly.
NEPALGUNJ, May 19: A dispute has arisen in Nepalgunj Sub-Metropolis ward 18 after additional ballot papers were found in a ballot box. After the counting of votes in the ward was completed, nine extra ballot papers were found.
KATHMANDU, March 11: A three-day Western Travel Mart has been started in Nepalgunj, Banke from Thursday under the original project of Nepal Tourism Board (NTB) and Nepalgunj Sub-Metropolitan Municipality.
RANJHA, Nov 1: The border security at the Jamunaha border in Nepalgunj has been tightened further after reports that the Afghan refugees were entering Nepal from India using this border point. Jamunaha
NEPALGUNJ, Oct 31: Nar Bahadur Oli, 42, of Baijnath Rural Municipality-6, Banke, who was on the run, was arrested by the police on Sunday morning. He was sentenced by the court in a red panda smuggling case.
Human rights activist Rubi Khan has broken her fast after 11 days following the government’s decision to form an investigation committee to look into the death of Nankutri Dhobi of Newaji village and the missing case of Nirmala Kurmi.